Doors Open: 11:30 am
Come to SteelStacks for a day of video gaming in a competitive and friendly environment-SmashQuest! Take part in a regional Smash Bros tournament for cash prizes or bring your favorite multiplayer game for casual fun. Test your skill against other players in Melee and Smash for Wii U, as well as a host of other fighting and party games for fun and prizes.
Play at dedicated FFA setups to win tokens that can be exchanged for prizes! Compete in side tournaments for even more tokens and pick your loot!
Venue Fee: $10 | $6 Students | Children under 10 enter for free
Smash 4 1v1 - $10
Smash 4 2v2 - $10 per team ($5 per person)
Full Setup Discount: When it comes to bringing your own setup, bringing a Wii U will save you $5 off of the venue fee. PLEASE let us know at least one day prior to the tournament, any request made afterwards may unused and denied. A full setup includes the following:
- Wii U
- Monitor/TV (Lagless/minimal input lag)
- Smash for the Wii U (with all DLC available)
- Gamecube Adapter
SCHEDULE (May change in the future!)
Registration: 12:00 pm
Smash 4 2v2: 2:30 pm
Smash 4 1v1: 5:00 pm
Note: We are lenient on starting times, just make sure to notify us if you’re on your way or running late! (Post on Facebook event page or let some staff know.) Bracket registration closes 30 minutes before the event SHARP.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Ruleset
2 stock (3 stock for doubles, if applicable)
6 minutes (8 minutes for doubles, if applicable)
Damage ratio: 1.0
Pause off is recommended
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination*, Smashville, Town & City, Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks: Omega Stages*
All Semi-finals and Finals are Best-of-5
No Dave's Stupid Rule
No Gentleman's Clause
1 ban for winner of previous game
* Banning Final Destination bans Omega Stages and vice versa
* Omega stages consist of: Wily’s Castle, Midgar, and Suzaku Castle
Custom moves are DISABLED.
Amiibo’s are banned.
Loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system is FORBIDDEN unless approved by the organizer.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
- Players select characters. Double blind pick may be initiated.
- Players strike to starter stage in 1-2-1 fashion. Rock-Paper-Scissors, Judge Method, or Reslived's Method may be used to determine who strikes first. Game 1 is played.
- Winner of Game 1 bans 1 stage from the full list of stages. Loser of Game 1 selects from remaining stages.
- Winner of Game 1 switches characters if necessary.
- Loser of Game 1 switches characters if necessary. Game 2 is played. Repeat steps 3-5 until set is completed.
Food and beverage available at the Mike & Ike Bistro
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!
Anyone who Vandalizes any property will be disqualified and thrown out of the building without a refund.
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
1st Place - 60% of Entry Fees
2nd Place - 30% of Entry Fees
3rd Place - 10% of Entry Fees
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 @ 12:00 PM 11/11/2017 12:00 PM 11/11/2017 03:00 PM 15 SmashQuest http://www.steelstacks.org/event/5307/smashquest/ Capital BlueCross Creativity Commons false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationCapital BlueCross Creativity Commons
101 Founders Way
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions