- Genre: Bluegrass, progressive bluegrass, folk, country, classical, jazz
- Artist Website: christhile.com
- Facebook: Click Here | Twitter: @christhile | Instagram: christhile
Multiple Grammy Award-winner and MacArthur Fellow Chris Thile, a member of Punch Brothers and Nickel Creek, and former host of the radio program, Live from Here, is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist. With his broad outlook, Thile transcends the borders of conventionally circumscribed genres, creating a distinctly American canon and a new musical aesthetic for performers and audiences alike.
A child prodigy, Thile first rose to fame as a member of Grammy Award-winning trio Nickel Creek, with whom he released four albums and sold over two million records. In 2014, along with a national tour, the trio released a new album, A Dotted Line, their first since 2005.
As a soloist, Thile has released several albums including his most recent, Thanks for Listening, a collection of recordings, produced by Thomas Bartlett, originally written as Songs of the Week for Live from Here. In February 2013, Thile won a Grammy for his work on The Goat Rodeo Sessions, collaborating with Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, and Stuart Duncan. In September 2014, Thile and Meyer released their latest album collaboration, Bass + Mandolin, which won the Grammy for Best Contemporary Instrumental Album. Punch Brothers released their latest album, the Grammy-winning All Ashore, in July 2018 with the Pop Matters describing the album as 'a call to savor, to pay attention, to step back from the hustle and bustle and remember the importance of being calm."
How it's going to work:
In order to maintain proper social distancing and provide a safe dining experience for all, we are offering limited seatings, every 15 minutes, throughout the evening.
- One table or lawn space seats up to four people (tables cannot be combined and larger parties need to make multiple reservations and will have to be seated in groups of 4).
- There's a $10 minimum per person.
- Yes, you still need to bring a mask. No, you don't need to wear it at your table (keep reading for all the super fun safety guidelines listed below).
- Yes! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite adult beverages with dinner (we recommend the new beer "Flight," from our friends at Yuengling).
- Both table and lawn spot tickets are good for single parties of up to four people, with campus attendance limited to ensure proper safe social distancing and follow all CDC, state and city health & safety guidelines. Air Products Town Square guests can enjoy dinner available from the ArtsQuest Center menu. Levitt Pavilion lawn spots will be spaced accordingly to follow safe social distancing and food and beverages can be ordered via the Mack Truck Stop and bar on the lawn. No outside food or drink is allowed... because that's how restaurants work.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our patrons, vendors, volunteers, staff, and everyone attending our campus, buildings, and events is of the utmost importance to ArtsQuest and we have established a number of best practices and procedures based on guidelines from the CDC, City of Bethlehem and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please click here to read all of the safety guidelines and regulations in place for attendance at this event.
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 @ 7:00 PM 04/15/2021 07:00 PM 04/15/2021 10:00 PM 15 Chris Thile https://www.steelstacks.org/event/10566/chris-thile/ Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationLevitt Pavilion SteelStacks
645 E. First Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions