Damn The Torpedoes - A Live Tom Petty Concert Experience
Friday, June 4 · view days & times
Price: $10-$50 per table or lawn square
Venue: Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
- Genre: Tribute to Tom Petty, Rock
- Artist Website: pettytunes.com
- Facebook: Click Here | Twitter: @PettyTunes
Over the years Damn The Torpedoes has evolved with more committed members and a deep understanding of the Tom Petty catalog. The current lineup has been in place for several years and demonstrates the unspoken chemistry that makes a great band. The signature riffs, harmonies and underlying parts of the music are all there---along with some fresh twists that are often inspired in the moment. The resulting performances have audiences smiling, singing, dancing and mourning the loss of this great artist.
Rich Kubicz, who plays the role of Tom Petty in the show, has been playing guitar and singing since his early teens. By 2007, so many people had told him that he looked and sounded like Tom Petty that he decided to put together Damn The Torpedoes as a tribute to Tom Petty and
His goal was to play all of the studio hits, with live versions and some deep cuts to create the illusion of a Tom Petty concert performance. This meant that each band member would need to duplicate the sounds as found on the records.
(Mike Campbell… Lead Guitar)
Lee Boice is a well established guitarist from the NY City music scene and has played all over America and Europe . Besides being known for his exciting live performances, Lee is also a music producer and writer and is at home in the studio as well as on stage. With experience in various styles of music including Funk, Rock, Blues, and World Music, Lee has mastered many guitar styles and techniques.
(Benmont Tench/Scott Thurston… Keyboards, Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Backing Vocals)
Gary has been involved with music and performing since the age of 13. He started with guitar and later learned to play keyboard and harmonica. Over the years, he has played in cover bands , original projects and studio sessions. His experience and versatility has helped him to become a consummate side man adding support and color to the bands he works with.
(Ron Blair/Howie Epstein, Bass Guitar and backing vocals)
Jon caught the music bug young, playing and singing in rock bands, a cappella groups, sax quartets, theatre pits, recording studios and more. He’s also laid down his bass groove for many Indie and original bands. When not on stage with DTT, Jon is the musical director at a theater, a solo artist and a theatrical performer.
(Stan Lynch/Steve Ferrone...Drums/Percussion and Backing Vocals)
Ross is the quintessential percussionist and the driving force behind DTT's tight rhythm section. His versatility allows him to play with the finesse of Stan Lynch and the power of Steve Ferrone while also adding polished vocals to an already very melodic harmony section. When Ross isn't playing with DTT, he is an in-demand drummer for live events, indie bands and studio sessions.
How it's going to work:
- One table or lawn space seats up to four people (tables cannot be combined and larger parties need to make multiple reservations and will have to be seated in groups of 4). The Artist will be performing on the Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square. Guests with lawn spaces will be able to enjoy the performance on a digital screen which will be broadcasted to from the stage.
- There's a $10 minimum per person.
- Yes, you still need to bring a mask. No, you don't need to wear it at your table (keep reading for all the super fun safety guidelines listed below).
- Yes! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite adult beverages with dinner (we recommend the new beer "Flight," from our friends at Yuengling).
- Both table and lawn spot tickets are good for single parties of up to four people, with campus attendance limited to ensure proper safe social distancing and follow all CDC, state and city health & safety guidelines. Air Products Town Square guests can enjoy dinner available from the ArtsQuest Center menu. Levitt Pavilion lawn spots will be spaced accordingly to follow safe social distancing and food and beverages can be ordered via the Mack Truck Stop and bar on the lawn. No outside food or drink is allowed... because that's how restaurants work.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our patrons, vendors, volunteers, staff, and everyone attending our campus, buildings, and events is of the utmost importance to ArtsQuest and we have established a number of best practices and procedures based on guidelines from the CDC, City of Bethlehem and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please click here to read all of the safety guidelines and regulations in place for attendance at this event.
- Friday, June 4, 2021 @ 7:30 PM 06/04/2021 07:30 PM 06/04/2021 10:30 PM 15 Damn The Torpedoes - A Live Tom Petty Concert Experience https://www.steelstacks.org/event/10570/damn-the-torpedoes---a-live-tom-petty-concert-experience/ Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationHighmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
101 Founders Way
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions