Sensational Soul Cruisers
Friday, May 14 · view days & times
Price: $10-$80 per table or lawn square
Venue: Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
- Genre: Motown, Soul, R&B, Disco
- Artist Website: soulcruisers.com
- Facebook: Click Here | Twitter: @SoulCruisers | Instagram: soulcruisers_official
The Sensational Soul Cruisers are not just another 11-man vocal harmony group with horns. While it is still sometimes possible to find a band featuring a similar line up of instruments, it is unlikely that you will ever find another that performs with as much energy, passion, and talent as these guys. From their humble beginnings rehearsing at the chicken coops on Route 33 to the basement of the Cycle Shop on Throckmorton Street, this band has come a long way from its “Eddie and the Cruisers” days to become one of Jersey’s best kept secrets.
Under the tutelage of legendary Jersey Shore sax player Screamin’ Steve Barlotta, who has been the captain of this fantastic soul cruise for over 20 years, has catapulted this band from the recesses of a dingy basement to over 200 performances a year while capturing the true essence of the Jersey Shore sound and its true R&B roots. Fortunately for those of us that feel that the sound of classic Philly Soul, Motown, Disco, Stax, and the music of The Temptations, Four Tops, Earth Wind & Fire, Chicago, The Trammps and other such groups was and still is some of the best music ever recorded or played live, there will be plenty of chances to see the Sensational Soul Cruisers perform this year and for many years to come. While the band travels to and plays concerts in theaters, clubs, public festivals, and private events throughout the country, they will be spending quite a bit of time in the northeast but especially in the New York / New Jersey / Pennsylvania area this year. This is in no small part due to the bands strong ties to its roots in Freehold Borough in the beautiful Garden State.
Over the past 25 years the Soul Cruisers have been fortunate enough to grace the stage with many great artist from Bruce Springsteen, Little Anthony and The Imperials, Gloria Gaynor, Gary US Bonds, John Cafferty, Southside Johnny, The Emotions, Bon Jovi, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder. As well as being the long time favorite house band at New York City’s famed Copacabana.
Screamin’ Steve Barlotta – Tenor Saxophone
Stan Tartas – Bass Guitar
Sir Michael Winstanley – Keyboards
Matt Curran – Drums
Carmelo Villegas – Trumpet
Joe Nappy – Guitar & Vocals
Will Williams – Vocals
Michael Hartsfield – Vocals
Eric Barney – Vocals
Angel Casado – Vocals
Pete Maurer – Trombone
How it's going to work:
In order to maintain proper social distancing and provide a safe dining experience for all, we are offering limited seatings, every 15 minutes, throughout the evening.
- One table or lawn space seats up to four people (tables cannot be combined and larger parties need to make multiple reservations and will have to be seated in groups of 4).
- There's a $10 minimum per person.
- Yes, you still need to bring a mask. No, you don't need to wear it at your table (keep reading for all the super fun safety guidelines listed below).
- Yes! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite adult beverages with dinner (we recommend the new beer "Flight," from our friends at Yuengling).
- Both table and lawn spot tickets are good for single parties of up to four people, with campus attendance limited to ensure proper safe social distancing and follow all CDC, state and city health & safety guidelines. Air Products Town Square guests can enjoy dinner available from the ArtsQuest Center menu. Levitt Pavilion lawn spots will be spaced accordingly to follow safe social distancing and food and beverages can be ordered via the Mack Truck Stop and bar on the lawn. No outside food or drink is allowed... because that's how restaurants work.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our patrons, vendors, volunteers, staff, and everyone attending our campus, buildings, and events is of the utmost importance to ArtsQuest and we have established a number of best practices and procedures based on guidelines from the CDC, City of Bethlehem and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please click here to read all of the safety guidelines and regulations in place for attendance at this event.
- Friday, May 14, 2021 @ 7:30 PM 05/14/2021 07:30 PM 05/14/2021 10:30 PM 15 Sensational Soul Cruisers https://www.steelstacks.org/event/10626/sensational-soul-cruisers/ Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationHighmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
101 Founders Way
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions