featuring Pedro Villaseñor y su Mariachi
Saturday, May 8 · view days & times
Price: $10-$30 per table or lawn square
Venue: Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
- Genre: Merengue, Salsa y tropical
- Artist Website: orosolidoworld.com
- Facebook: Click Here | Twitter: @OroSolido | Instagram: orosolidoofficial
Oro Solido was formed by Raul Acosta, who has received the nickname ‘El Presidente’. Acosta was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on September 8, 1971. Born into a musical family, at the age of seven, he and his older brothers Iván and Rafael, in addition to local neighborhood kids, started a pre-adolescent music group called “Los Sobrinos Del Rey” a Dominican attempt version of the Jackson 5. With this early experience, Raul was able to develop his musical talent as well as his stage presence. The group went on to perform in two nationally televised shows on the government TV station, channel four, for a show called “Amarillis con los Niños.” At 9 years old, the family relocated to the United States. With no English skills, Raul moved to Jersey City, New Jersey to start his new life. Years later, he moved to Union City where the Hispanic culture was growing stronger.
Upon graduating from high school, Raúl began his studies in music and sound engineering by joining Kennedy’s Music World, a local music studio, school, and store, where he met a teacher named Kennedy Cortina. Kennedy taught him just about everything he knows, and planted the seed of music in his mind.There he worked retail and operated the music studio as well as helped students in their classes. In 1990, after graduating high school, he held different positions within the Hudson County government.
In 1994, Acosta formed the merengue band Oro Sólido. That same year, he released his self-titled debut album, ‘Oro Sólido’.
He continued to release albums approximately every year after that. With hits like “Ta Cache,” “La Tanguita Roja,” “Maria se Fue,” “El Baile del Beeper,” “Una Nalgadita,” “La Morena,” among others, Oro Sólido, positioned itself as one of the biggest Latin music groups in the world. They have surpassed various barriers when it comes to performing in the Anglo media and having their music played on English-speaking radio stations. Raul Acosta has been nominated for and won numerous awards throughout the years, including Premios Estrella, Premios ACE and Premios Lo Nuestro.
The group has performed regularly on some of Hispanic TV’s most distinguished and popular TV shows. Oro Sólido was also the first merengue band to perform on Fox 5 News New York and The Jerry Lewis Telethon. Also, he performed on the inauguration of President George W. Bush‘s second term in the Constitution Hall in Washington D.C.
The group has also performed over 5 times in the renowned Madison Square Garden as well as other famous arenas like the Universal City Amphitheater in Los Angeles, the Zócalo square in Mexico City, Estadio Modelo in Ecuador, El Monumento in Dominican Republic, and the New Jersey Meadowlands. The group has shared the stage with artists such as 50 Cent, LeAnn Rimes, Celia Cruz, Marc Anthony, Fat Joe, Johnny Ventura, Wilfrido Vargas, Tito Puente, El Gran Combo and The Temptations.
How it's going to work:
In order to maintain proper social distancing and provide a safe dining experience for all, we are offering limited seatings, every 15 minutes, throughout the evening.
- One table or lawn space seats up to four people (tables cannot be combined and larger parties need to make multiple reservations and will have to be seated in groups of 4).
- There's a $10 minimum per person.
- Yes, you still need to bring a mask. No, you don't need to wear it at your table (keep reading for all the super fun safety guidelines listed below).
- Yes! You'll be able to enjoy your favorite adult beverages with dinner (we recommend the new beer "Flight," from our friends at Yuengling).
- Both table and lawn spot tickets are good for single parties of up to four people, with campus attendance limited to ensure proper safe social distancing and follow all CDC, state and city health & safety guidelines. Air Products Town Square guests can enjoy dinner available from the ArtsQuest Center menu. Levitt Pavilion lawn spots will be spaced accordingly to follow safe social distancing and food and beverages can be ordered via the Mack Truck Stop and bar on the lawn. No outside food or drink is allowed... because that's how restaurants work.
Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our patrons, vendors, volunteers, staff, and everyone attending our campus, buildings, and events is of the utmost importance to ArtsQuest and we have established a number of best practices and procedures based on guidelines from the CDC, City of Bethlehem and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Please click here to read all of the safety guidelines and regulations in place for attendance at this event.
- Saturday, May 8, 2021 @ 7:00 PM 05/08/2021 07:00 PM 05/08/2021 10:00 PM 15 Oro Solido https://www.steelstacks.org/event/10628/oro-solido/ Highmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square false MM/DD/YYYY
Venue InformationHighmark Blue Shield Community Stage on the Air Products Town Square
101 Founders Way
Bethlehem, PA 18015
map & directions